Custom SSL Domain
When would you want a custom CNAME?
There are a few cases where you may want to use your own custom SSL Domain.
- You would like to use your own domain for tracking.
- You are using api.keen.io as a whitelisted service for your customers.
- You would like to maximize tracking with customers using ad blocker software which can block connections to keen.io’s domain.
How to set it up?
Ready to setup a custom SSL domain?
- Reach out to us to have this feature turned on.
- Note: Let us know what domain name you would like to use.
- Register a CNAME record and map the domain name to api.keen.io with your DNS provider. This will cause DNS request for your site’s domain or subdomain to resolve to api.keen.io.
- As soon as your request is approved and your CNAME record is registered, Keen will acquire and provision a new SSL certificate that lists the domain as a SAN (Subject Alternative Name). There is a limit of one SAN per customer.
- Keen will test and deploy the new SSL certificate. After this is complete you will be notified and can begin using the Keen API via your custom SSL domain.
You’re all set!